"Keep your head up" by Andy Grammer. This song sums up my 18 years of life right now. Every time something in my life takes a wrong turn, or I am stressed, or I am just freaking out for no reason, I think to this song. It talks about how life as a whole is a journey and we should all "drop your worries because it will turn out fine". Hearing a singer share the same issues as myself is always reassuring. This song is also an up beat song and gives me confidence and boosts my self-esteem always. Also, whenever I am in a really bad mood in car rides with my mom, she puts it on to mess with me. It really just always makes me happy and actually lifts my head up. I know in the end everything will always be okay and that it is life.
"This is why I'm hot" by MIMS. Wow this song is really my childhood. This goes way back from 6th grade and I really hate this song when I hear it. My first boyfriend and current one to this day, played this song after he broke up with me on a camp social! Great time. But this social took place in Maine during summer camp on a boat, how fun. We were very immature and barely spoke. Then he decided we should "be friends" the infamous line. Immediately after, he and his friends requested this song and I ran away. I then requested the song "Single Ladies" by Beyonce to get even. I was actually very upset but looking back at it and still right now, I cringe when I hear that song. It brings back a million memories so I thought I would share how much I hate it.
"Down By the River" by Milky Chance. This song really always gets to me. I traveled on a community service tour in Costa Rica for a summer. I really changed during that whole summer. Every single stress before summer went away and I started to appreciate everything in life. Living in new conditions, no phones, minimal electricity, and helping people everyday made me appreciate every single thing I have. I built houses, made cement, built sidewalks, taught English to Spanish kids, and just played happily with kids and adults. I met people on the same trip that I still talk to today. This song was played a lot during the trip and my sense of music changed there. I listened to reggae and folktronica every day. This song just reminds me of the memorable and meaningful summer that I had and still think about. "Down By the River" just reminds me of every experience in Costa Rica and how much of an eye-opener it was for me.
"A Milli" by Lil Wayne. I honestly do not want to go through the lyrics and meaning behind this song. I just have the best time rapping the whole song in the car and I memorize all the lyrics. They are very odd but I love rap and love Lil Wayne as he is a very interesting, talented, and perverted rapper.
"Fix You" by Coldplay. This song is very inspirational always. The meaning behind it is about death, grief, and coming into terms with a loss of a loved one. Cancer is very prevalent in my entire family. Thankfully, I have not had to deal with a death right now. This song reminds me and reassures me to be thankful and happy all the time and make efforts to my relatives as much as possible. I am really close to all of my grandparents, aunt, uncle, cousins, siblings, and parents. Even though I am in Madison, Wisconsin, I still try so hard and make it a priority to reach out always. As my grandpa currently having chemotherapy every Monday, I try my best before the weekend ends to wish luck and check in. This song just reminds me that time is precious and to always make efforts because the little things mean the most.
"We Belong Together" by Mariah Carey. I secretly have an obsession with Mariah Carey even though she is basically irrelevant right now. I am obsessed with all of her songs and she really is so talented. I have a playlist of her entire albums and this playlist is always on repeat during long car rides, during a nice shower or bath, or when I try to go to bed. Her voice is very soothing and it makes me just very happy always.
No comments:
Post a Comment