Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Trip to Memorial

Gauthier, Victor A. Benefits to the United States from American Technical Assistance Activities Abroad; Some Case Studies. Washington: Agency for International Development, 1972. Print
HC60 U44 1972, Memorial Library

Before I went to Memorial Library, I reserved several books on the library on the website. On Monday after studying, I went to visit the librarians. They explained to me how all the books are organized and provided me with a helpful orange sheet. I matched the calling number on the sheet and proceeded to floor 2M. I headed towards the north stacks and was slightly overwhelmed with the amount of books. I went back and forth all around the floor trying to find column LC32 H35. There was all books with LC but they were all over 200 and nothing under. It was just not there. I really searched and even asked random people studying in those tiny cage rooms for assistance. Then, angry, I went downstairs to receive more assistance from the librarian, but he really didn't have much else to say.

I pulled up the other calling number on my e-mail to try and track down the other book I reserved. I then went up, once again, to floor 4M North. Roaming through the stacks, I finally got the hang of it. I searched up and down and around until I found numbers that were closer to my book's calling card. I spotted my book and the exact number and never felt more relieved. To the left and right there were books related to foreign aid and programs. Also down below there were books about development issues. The book that I stalked down was "Benefits to the United States from American Technical Assistance Activities Abroad." After I was so relieved, I went straight down the to checkout and was finally able to go get my dinner. When I walked, there was LOUD instant beeps. It was like I robbed books or clothes or something valuable to the library. This was a process. I went in, back out, in, and back out. They could not figure out the problem. The lady then says, it must be your phone sound volume. As puzzled and confused as I was, I just wanted to leave and eat! She put my phone and wallet through a different way and then I went on with my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment